THE REVERSIBLE STORY
Reversibles is a brand curated for women from all walks of life.
Our goal is to be completely inclusive while providing comfortable, sustainable, and unique staples for your wardrobe.
We create reversible double-stitched clothing that can be worn in multiple ways.
Our hope is for all who wear our clothing to feel confident in expressing their individuality in a new and innovative way.
Created by women for women, Reversibles was made to change the way in which we shop.
Too often, we consume clothing from the ring of fast fashion.
These products we pay for, as trendy and inexpensive as they are, damage and exploit labor and natural resources.
To play our part in ending this cycle, we have created a label thats gives you multiple styles for the price of one.
Your wardrobe space and wallet will thank you.
So will the world.
MADE WITH LOVE
Our products are made with 95% Organic Cotton and 5% Elastane.
Why Organic Cotton?
● Uses no GMO seeds, harmful pesticides, only organic-approved fertilizers, herbicides, and pesticides derived from plants, animals and minerals to avoid harming soil organisms. Organic farming practices use recycled natural wastes for manure.
● Plants (including cotton) are 80% rain-fed, reducing reliance on local water sources
● Reduces field emissions from fertilizer, and reduces nitrogen and phosphorus deposits into water
● Increases soil protection that in turn helps prevent erosion
● Promotes safe work and better livelihoods for farmers by eliminating the use of harsh pesticides during farming practices, relying on natural fertilizers.
● Made without the use of microfibers found in synthetic fibers, which enter the waterways through laundering and threaten waterways/marine life with over 40% of microplastics washed entering into our water stream.
● According to a 2017 report by the Textiles Exchange, organic cotton uses 91percent less ‘blue’ water (from groundwater and surface-water bodies, such as freshwater lakes and rivers) than conventional cotton
GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard)
Reversibles is manufactured by MetaWear, the first GOTS-certified turn-key manufacturer and screen printer in North America.
The Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) is the worldwide leading textile processing standard for organic fibers and is backed up by independent certification of the entire textile supply chain, from farm to finished product. GOTS strict environmental and social criteria cover the growing, processing, manufacturing, packaging, labeling, trading, and distribution of all textiles made with at least 70% percent certified organic fiber.
The Standard sets requirements concerning working and social conditions that are equivalent to those of leading social sustainability standards. GOTS social criteria is based on the key norms of the International Labour Organisation (ILO), United Nations Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights (UNGPs), and Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD). They must have a social compliance management system, with defined elements in place to ensure that the social criteria are met.
● Employment is freely chosen
● Freedom of association and collective bargaining
● Child labour shall not be used
● No discrimination is practised
● Occupational health and safety (OHS)
● No harassment and violence
● Remuneration and assessment of living wage gap
● Working time
● No precarious employment is provided
● Migrant workers
Low-Impact Dyes & Inks
● Dyed with only sustainable, low-impact water-based dyes (no formaldehyde or heavy metals used). The dyes used for these clothes have been classified by the Oeko-Tex Standard 100 (an international certification process) as eco-friendly.
● Our GOTS-approved dyeing process requires less rinsing and has a high absorption rate in the fabric, which translates into less wastewater, resulting in less than 5 % runoff into the environment, compared to 60% for conventional cotton.
● The OEKO-TEX Standard provides assurance that the dye has been tested by an independent laboratory and found to be free of harmful levels of more than 100 substances, including azo and allergenic dyes, phthalates, heavy metals, and pesticides that are commonly used with commercial cotton.